Monday 11 November 2013

Alibaba's Jack Ma: Farewell to WeChat, Welcome to Laiwang

"In three days I’ll be closing down [my WeChat] account. Thank you to all my friends on WeChat for giving me so much happiness and inspiration. But now I have no choice but to nurse my own child, Laiwang. I know many people might say this child has no special characteristics, or was born at the wrong time, won’t grow up to be big, or even if he grows up to be big, he won’t have the prospects of his older brother WeChat: (We know, we’ve heard it all. We don’t expect this child to have the same future as WeChat, but we still expect this child to be even more ambitious, have character, and study hard. Today, there’s a gap between him and his brother, but he doesn’t want to surpass his brother, he just wants to realize his own future. We believe this world doesn’t need to have just one child… as we all know, the one-child policy caused us great trouble).
Dear friends, I too work very heard for my red envelope. I also need the help of two hundred brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles. I used to think that having one child – WeChat – was enough. Now I’ve realized that having two children can also be beautiful. That’s right, and our child likes to make friends, sometimes he can make groups of 500 friends at a time. He’s kind of like his Daddy in that way, ha ha ha.

Brothers and sisters, in the next three days, come to Laiwang and find me. Come have a look at my baby. Your care will help him understand the significance of support, and will especially help him build the confidence to challenge his successful older brother… On Laiwang, add your phone number and then you can add me".

Popular Posts