Sunday 15 December 2013

Beijing residents support, criticize subway fare hike

A possible fare hike to ride Beijing's subways is generating a lot of comments from the city's commuters. People note that the move may reduce the number of people riding the subway during rush hour, but pushing more people to take a bus will only make the city's already packed ground transit even more crowded.
"I agree with the plan. Less people will take subways in rush hours."
"I agree with the idea. So many passengers take the subway these days. It has passed its maximum capacity. "
"I’m against the plan. Subways are just one form of public transportation. If subway fares increase, what about bus fares?"
"I think it’s very dangerous to take subways during rush hours, because there are so many people. I think if the government decides to raise subway fare, one yuan is enough, that’s a fifty percent increase."
Source: CCTV

Popular Posts